Parish Council Meeting Agenda

Bergh Apton Parish Council

Agenda for a Parish Council Meeting Tuesday

25th July 2017 at 7.30 pm in The Village Hall

All members of the Press & Public are welcome to attend

  • Apologies for Absence & Declarations of Interest
  • Minutes of Meetings Held On 23rd June 2017
  • Matters Arising
  • Public Consultation
  • County Councillor’s Report – Barry Stone
  • District Councillor’s Report – John Fuller
  • Playground
  • Bus Shelter Repairs
  • Finance
    • Account audit progress
    • 2 new signatories
    • Playground Inspection Fee – £79.80
    • Community Governance Review – Update
    • Greater Norwich Local Plan – Update
    • Community Infrastructure Levy – CIL

Speed Management

  • Planning
    13.1 Planning Guidelines on Recreation Provision
  • Plaque for the Rowan
  • Adoption of Telephone Box
  • Website
  • Parish Partnership Scheme Initiative – Local Highway Improvements
  • Feedback from CPRE meeting
  • Events and Correspondence
  • Items for Future Agendas

Future Dates for Meetings:       20th September, 22nd  November

PC minutes 7th Jan 2015

Minutes of a Meeting of Bergh Apton Parish Council On Wednesday 7th January 2015 at 7.30pm In The Village Hall

  1. Members Present

    Parish Members Present
    Derek Blake (Chair), Bob Kerry, Jacqueline Byford, Richard Herring,
    Karen Myhill, Chris Mewton
    In attendance: Clerk
    Apologies
    Adrian Gunson, John Fuller

  2. Apologies For Absence and Declarations of Interest

    There were two apologies for absence. Derek Blake declared an interest in the planning section as he is a member of the Planning Committee at South Norfolk Council.

  3. Minutes of Meeting Held on 26th November 2014

    The minutes of the last meeting on 26th November 2014 were approved.

  4. Matters Arising

    There were no matters arising.

  5. Public Consultation

    5.1 District Councillor’s Report
    5.2 County Councillor’s Report
    One item – the fading white lines at the Mill Road crossroads which have been reported to the Highways Engineer.
    The Chairman re-opened the Parish Council Meeting.

  6. Finance
    1. Precept for 2015 agreed at £3796.00
      Made up of £196 South Norfolk Council Grant therefore Parish Precept requirement is £3600. The amount shown on bills will be £20
    2. Grant Request for Churchyard Maintenance agreed £150
    3. Grant Request for Bergh Apton Newsletter agreed £50
  7. Anglian Water Compensation

    Letter has been received from Anglian Water apologising for the water supply interruptions. As a gesture of goodwill they will be crediting the accounts of affected customers with £20, roughly equivalent to the cost of one month’s water supply and they will also donate £1,000 to a local charity or community project in the parish. There was some discussion about how best to use the £1,000 donation – one ongoing project is the football goal posts at the Village Hall – Jacqueline Byford is to meet up with Kevin Utton who is the Sales and Marketing Manager of Harrod UK Ltd the UK’s leading goal post manufacturer who lives in Bergh Apton and has kindly offered to assist with advice and the purchase of the goal posts.

  8. Village Hall Management Committee

    No report

  9. Planning Applications
    1. Oakdene, Mill Road 2014/2438 – Proposed two storey extension & single storey store – this planning application is in Alpington, so just for information
  10. Planning Approvals

    Cherry Tree Cottage, Bussey Bridge – Approval with conditions 2014/1954
    West Five 1 Mill Rd 2014/2117 To use one room in house as hairdressing salon – retrospective – Approved with Conditions
    1. Retain use in accordance with plans
    2. Personal permission – no additional employees
    3. Hours of operation Mon, Thurs, Fri (9.00am – 12.00pm and 1.00pm
    – 5.00pm) and Sat (9.00am – 1.00pm)
    4. Retention of car parking
    5. Scheme of fencing to be implemented within 3 months – details to be agreed by officers

  11. Defibrillator

    This will be looked at in May following the election

  12. Events and Correspondence
  13. Items for Future Agendas

    Dates of future Meetings:
    18 March, 22 April, 20 May (AGM/APM), 15 July, 16 September, 18 November

Parish Council Minutes 26th November 2014

Minutes of a Meeting of Bergh Apton Parish Council

On Wednesday 26th November 2014 at 7.30pm In The
Village Hall
Members Present
Parish Members
Present
Derek Blake (Chair), Bob Kerry, Jacqueline Byford, Richard Herring,
Karen Myhill, Chris Mewton
In attendance: Clerk
Apologies

  1. Apologies For Absence and Declarations of Interest
    There were no apologies for absence. Derek Blake declared an interest in the planning section as he
    is a member of the Planning Committee at South Norfolk Council.
  2. Minutes of Meeting Held on 9th September 2014
    The minutes of the last meeting on 9th September 2014 were approved.
  3. Matters Arising
    There were no matters arising.
  4. Public Meeting to discuss the village website
    Chris Mewton has kindly volunteered to relaunch the village website. There was a lot of discussion
    from members of the public who are very supportive of the project. It was decided that Chris
    Mewton would meet with representatives from all the various organisations and businesses in the
    village who wish to be represented on the website so that they can be ‘trained’ to add their own
    content to their own section on the website. Derek Blake reported that there are 53 small
    businesses in Bergh Apton!
  5. Public Consultation
    The Parish Council was addressed by the applicant from West Five, 1 Mill Road who is seeking
    retrospective permission for use of one room in her house as a hairdressing salon. They were also
    addressed by the neighbour who is opposing this application, on the grounds of the noise and her
    loss of privacy and her residential amenity being affected by the change of use from residential to
    retail business.
  6. The Chairman re-opened the Parish Council Meeting.
    1. Planning Applications
      6.1 West Five, 1 Mill Road – retrospective permission for use of one room in house as hairdressing
      salon 2014/2117
      The following was the response from the Parish Council to the planning department. Bergh Apton
      Parish Council was unable to reach a consensus over the balance between the increasing intensity
      of the business and its impact on the neighbour. There clearly is an adverse impact on the
      neighbour but the Parish Council felt unable to suggest appropriate conditions should the District
      Council wish to approve it. This application will now be heard at the main planning committee on
      10th December.
    2. Site BER 1 Cookes Road
      Julian Wells from FW properties addressed the Parish Council meeting with an update about the
      site opposite the Village Hall. A planning application has not yet been submitted but he anticipated
      one would be in the Spring. If this proposal was to go ahead it would be for 10 or 11 new homes
      including some affordable homes. They would plan to start building late Summer 2015. He explained there were technical ways to deal with the surface water drainage issue of that land
      which would help all the residents along Cookes Road. The inspectors final report is expected early
      2015 and there will be an open meeting for all to attend.
  7. Planning Approvals
  8. Finance
    1. Grant for football posts
      Jacqueline Byford will meet with Maggie Smith, Chairman Village Hall Committee to agree the site
      for the football posts at the Village Hall. The Parish Council agreed to look after the grass cutting
      around the posts and any upkeep needed. The small neighbourhoods grant from South Norfolk
      District Council will be available in the Spring for this project to go ahead.
  9. Defibrillator – Derek Blake
    Derek Blake agreed to look at possible grants for the funding of a defibrillator in Bergh Apton site to
    confirmed – possibly in the phone box at Sunnyside or most likely at the Village Hall.
  10. Events and Correspondence
  11. Items for Future Agenda
  12. Dates of future Meetings:
    18 March, 22 April, 20 May (AGM/APM), 15 July, 16 September, 18 November