Mobile libraries are free to join and are open to people of all ages. Items can be chosen from the vehicle or reserved via the online catalogue for collection from a mobile library. They can be returned to any branch library or mobile library in Norfolk. All mobile libraries are equipped with a lift for people with mobility problems and wheelchair users.
Our mobile libraries offer:
- Fiction books for adults and children (book request: adults – 60p, children – free)
- Non-fiction books for adults and children (subject requests are free)
- Large print books (book request 60p)
- DVDs for adults and children (a small charge applies)
- Audio books on CD and tape (tapes – free, a small charge applies for CDs for adults, children – free)
- Jigsaw puzzles (free)
The mobile library service offers an e-mail reminder system to advise mobile library users that the mobile library will be in their area within the next two days. If you wish to be added to the mailing lists, please ask your mobile library driver for the green e-mail slip to complete or alternatively contact us direct with your name, e-mail address and mobile library route number.
The mobile library service is keen to recruit more ‘Mobile Library Friends’ – volunteers who help us to promote the service by doing any of the following:
- telling their friends/neighbours about the mobile library
- delivering fliers locally
- putting up posters
- suggesting improvements/alternative stops.
If you are interested, please speak to the mobile library driver or contact us direct.
To check the mobile library timetables for your area, please click on the link: www.norfolk.gov.uk/libraries-local-history-and-archives/libraries/your-local-library/routes-and-timetables and choose your village from the list.
More information is available on the Norfolk County Council website: www.norfolk.gov.uk (search ‘mobile libraries’), or contact the mobile library office on 01603 222303 or e-mail: email@example.com .Library Schedule